I wrote this article to show you a quick way to make a delicious chocolate cake without using the oven. Let’s get startef. For the cake we will need the following ingredients:
- 300 g cocoa biscuits with vanilla filling,
- 1/2 litre of whipping cream,
- 150 g of marshmallows,
- 100 g of melted butter,
- 100 ml of milk,
- 10 g of gelatine,
- 50 g of powdered sugar,
- 240 g of dark chocolate, with 65% cocoa.
For the glaze we will need:
- 160 g of dark chocolate with 65% cocoa
- 160 ml of whipping cream.
- Start with chopping the biscuits, so put them in a mini kitchen robot and chop them until they will become like powder.Transfer the powder in a bowl and do the same with the remaining biscuits. On top of the chopped biscuits, add the melted and cooled butter and mix everything well.
- Add the mix in a cake pan with approximately 23 cm in diameter, and compact them very well, to form the cake base. Refrigerate the cake base for as long as you prepare the cream.
- Add the gelatine in approximately 50 ml of cold water,
- Mix and let it rehydrate for 5 to 10 minutes.
For the cream, put the marshmallows over a water bath and wait for them to melt. Mix from time to time to prevent them to stick to the bowl. When the marshmallows start melting, add the milk and continue mixing until they are melted. When the marshmallows are melted,add the dark chocolate. I like it because it has a high cocoa content and it’s perfect for any type of chocolate dessert.
Break the chocolate in small pieces and put it directly in the marshmallows mixture. Continue mixing until the chocolate is melted. Now add the hydrated gelatine and wait for it to melt. The heat has to remain very low so the cream doesn’t curdle. When the gelatine is melted, the cream is ready. After thet, remove it from the stove and let it reach room temperature.
When the cream cooled to room temperature, you can prepare the whipped cream, and transfer the cream in a mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and mix it with the whipped cream until it forms soft peaks. The whipped cream is ready, then you can mix it with the chocolate cream. Add some of the whipped cream in the chocolate cream and mix slowly, with ample moves. Add the chocolate cream over the biscuit base, level it well, and refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours or even better, overnight.
When the cake hardened start preparing the glaze.
Add the whipping cream in a saucepan (on low heat). Into the whipping cream, I will add the unsweet dark chocolate which you can break it in pieces. Mix continuously until the chocolate is melted. The chocolate is melted and the glaze is ready. Remove it from the stove and start glazing the cake. Remove the cake from the pan and transferred the glaze in a thin cap bottle. Glaze the cake, starting with the margins. Then, continue glazing the top of the cake, using the same bottle. After glazing the cake, refrigerate it for at least 1 hour, until the glaze hardens. If you wish, you can smooth the glaze with a spatula. If you like the pattern created by the bottle, leave it like it is.
At last! This supreme chocolate cake is ready!! You can decorate the cake with some grated dark chocolate. This is a very tasty and aromatic cake. It’s great for chocolate lovers
Below I recommended some dishes perfect for backing and serving cake for your owto comfort. 🙂